Many hyperlinks are disabled.
Use anonymous login to enable hyperlinks.
|Page Name:||Reva features|
Reva has a many features in a small package. This document is a 'whirlwind tour' of Reva's main features, intended to acquaint you with their existence rather than teach in depth about them.
- Contexts: A "context" is similar to a "namespace" in C++, and to the ANS "VOCABULARY" concept.
- Turnkey generation: Allows one to create an executable which contains all the changes made.
- Debugger: A reasonable debugger, which operates at the assembly-language level.
- Libraries: There are a many libraries (with full source code) present in the stock Reva distribution. They cover all sorts of useful additions, like sorting and database functionality which are not present in the Reva core words. Look in the 'lib' directory for them.
- Cross-platform: Reva runs on Linux, Windows and Mac OS/X -- with almost no code changes required.
- Classes: All words have an associated 'class', which determines the actual behavior of the code or data associated with the word.
- Help : Reva has comprehensive help for (almost) every word it provides.
- Unit testing: Reva includes support for integrated unit-tests.